Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equally space windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thomas4611
3368 Views, 4 Replies

equally space windows

Is there a quick way to place windows equally between the walls of a room, without taking the room width, subtracting the total of the window widths and dividing by the # of spaces between windows plus the two spaces between the end windows and the wall.

If you set up a dimension string and dimension to the window centerlines and set an equality constraint that does not work because the spaces between windows will be less than the spaces between the end windows and the interior walls.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AttilioR
in reply to: thomas4611

Same question here..any ideas?

Message 3 of 5
jeppsMX3UQ

Looking at the end of your first message the dimension EQ button isn't going to suffice. It sounds like you're going to be doing this the time consuming way, with reference planes or detail lines then the align tool to make the windows align to the reference planes or detail lines. Not ideal, but that's Revit for you!

Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler

If your dimension string ends are at the insides of the walls, then of course the math doesn't work out. So just solve THAT problem. Place reference planes at those inside walls and then move them out 1/2 of the window width. Now make your dimension string using those reference planes.

I know, it's isn't perfectly simple, but at least it keeps your math down to just figuring half of the window width.

Message 5 of 5
GustavoUbriaco

Hello everyone! the only solution I found was with global parameters like I show you in the images I hope this will be helpfulwindows equals.jpg

Gustavo Ubriaco Contreras
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report