Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing a Keynote with an Instance Note

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
374 Views, 2 Replies

Enhancing a Keynote with an Instance Note

I am having a frustrating day!  Have just tried to enhance a Keynote Tag by adding an instance text field which I wished to switch on/off for individual tags where I could add an explanatory note.  A for instance would be, say, a window tag having the keynote and keynote text but for an individual window I would like to add a note saying "obscured glass".

Thing is I have tried to add text which I want to tie to a instance text parameter, itself tied to a visibility yes/no paramater, but as soon as I finish the text it disappears! Perhaps I can do it with a Label but a 'Catagory Parameter' and not a family parameter is all that is availible for a Label....

I have also tried introducing a Generic annotation family into the tag, making this the 'note' and controlling the text and visibility with instance parameters but neither show up in the properties of the tag when it is loaded into a project

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gsfidler
in reply to: IMCornish

I think you're going to be disappointed.  I wrestled with this a few weeks ago when I was trying to add "TYPICAL OF xx" to some keynote tags.  From what I can tell, tags won't do anything with instance parameters, even though they're in the family editor.  

Message 3 of 3
IMCornish
in reply to: gsfidler

I think that you are probably right.  This would be a good idea for a future upgrade.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report