Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy modeling submittals for LEED

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vanderloo5
685 Views, 6 Replies

Energy modeling submittals for LEED

Hi,

I'm trying to find the best standalone or software combo to use for LEED  energy modeling simulation submittals. I hope that Revit Architecture 2012 is at least one of the best choices for building the model. I haven't gotten into the modeling and analyze features yet but I'm hoping they are DOE2 compliant?

I would also like to find the best reources for training. My preference would be to start with a book to get familiar with some of the basics so I can get the best bang for my buck when I'm ready to spend on  training. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: vanderloo5

Revit will be able to handle the model and part of your analysis. I suggest that you do a search for local Revit reseller and talk to them about buying the application and getting trained.

Here's a link that will get you started: http://usa.autodesk.com/revit/how-to-buy/

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 7
vanderloo5

Thanks Alan, I've been using Revit for 6 or 8 years now. Got that part dialed. Just trying to get some opinions on what else I need. Opinions and prices very in a huge way. Still taking it in.
Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

@vanderloo5 wrote:
Thanks Alan, I've been using Revit for 6 or 8 years now. Got that part dialed. Just trying to get some opinions on what else I need. Opinions and prices very in a huge way. Still taking it in.

Was the training part of the question related to LEED, then?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
vanderloo5

not at all.
Message 6 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

So, what is the training about? You said you have been using Revit for 6 to 8 years.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 7
parveen.revit

you should try combo of Revit Architecture (can use some features only if you are on subscription) and Project Vasari or Ecotect.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report