Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encountered an improper argument

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mpukas
1350 Views, 2 Replies

encountered an improper argument

This morning when I started Revit 2013 and tried to open a file that I was working on last night, I got this error: "encountered an improper argument." The file will not open.

I tried to open a different file, and I get another error saying "An unrecoverable error has occured. The program will now be terminated.... " Revit will close.

I cannot open any files, or get Revit to run. Is my installation corrupt? Do I need to re-install or is it possible to try a repair?

Thanks much in advance. mpp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpukas
in reply to: mpukas

I did a repair through Windows Control Panel>Add-Remove Programs, and it seems to be OK. For the moment.

Message 3 of 3
mpukas
in reply to: mpukas

Just wanted to post an update. This problem occurred again. It's been 10 days since it last happened. Last night everything seemed fine. This morning I start Revit and open the file I was working on last night, and I get the "improper argument" error. Revit won't open any files.

I'm going to try the repair through control panel again. One problem with this fix is it's basically like a new installation, and all customizations are lost. And I don't know yet how/where the Revit customization file is or how to save/replace it.

I have not installed 2014 yet, this is on 2013.

So infuriating as I have a submission deadline in 3.5 hrs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report