Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enableing Surface Nodes on In Place Mass

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pete
2030 Views, 4 Replies

Enableing Surface Nodes on In Place Mass

Activating nodes under surface of the Surface Representation panel under Modify/Divided Surface Panel shows nodes at intersections of U & V grids of an in-place mass.  Is it possible to enable these nodes so that the surace can be modified by manipulating these nodes?

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: pete

No. Nodes cannot be selected individually to edit the surface.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
pete
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

How can I model an object-in this case a concrete slab and modify only the top surface?  Modifying a slab using the conventional tools in Revit -like adding a point and changing its elevation to be out of the plane of the surface also affects the soffit or bottom of the slab.  I want to  manipulate only the top of the slab.  Can I do it somehow by creating an in-place mass?

Thank you,

Pete

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: pete

Floors can have variable layers. It's one of the type properties of the floor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
pete
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

If floors have variable layers how does one prevent changing the surface of one layer from affecting the other layers?  How does one isolate each layer so that it is not affected by changes in the surface of another layer?   e.g.- does putting a drain in the top layer of a concrete floor not affect the other structural layers in the floor? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report