Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty system panel? How and where to edit system panel?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
kettuma
35773 Views, 11 Replies

Empty system panel? How and where to edit system panel?

Hi!

I have a curtain panel/system panel problem:

I want to create an empty panel. Without any material - no glass or anyting.

If you create a curtain wall: And go to its properties: Edit Type: Curtain panel. There you should have an option to choose Empty? Or should you? I have seen that option in "other guys program". 😄

How can I create curtain/system panel or edit the family to empty one?

And where on earth are those Curtain Panels and System panels actually??

In file manager I have not found them (the family files)? Nor the Windows search function does not help? But they must be somewhere?

If I choose None to Curtain panel, should it be totally empty? I think it should, but I have managed to get glas into it too!

;-D

Thank you, if you can somehow help me, this issue is too complex to me! ;-D

Best wishes

Matti Kettunen 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: kettuma

From an elevation view, make a window selection around one of the panels. Use Filter (the funnel icon at the lower right corner of the interface) to select only the curtain panel; close the filter window. Then Edit Type > Family : Empty panel , Type : empty.

If you do these steps and you still cannot change the panel, probably the curtain wall is of the "storefront" type. Change it to the "curtain wall" type and try again.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12
kettuma

Hi!

Thanks again Alfredo!

That was simple and good advice from you again!

Best wishes,

Matti Kettunen 🙂

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Message 5 of 12
PhilipVandenbussche
in reply to: Anonymous

Super and simple solution, thanx Rick!
Message 6 of 12
DmetcalfGHY4B
in reply to: Anonymous

Where will I find this now with the switch over from Seek to BIMobjects? The old Seek links do not work.

Message 7 of 12

Seems we can find the "Empty" panels in the Commercial Template. I was able to copy it over and utilize it in our template.

Message 8 of 12
justinRCZ9H
in reply to: DmetcalfGHY4B

+1 for loading the empty system panel from the default libraries 👍

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: justinRCZ9H

There is different between Empty Panel family loaded from a library and Empty System Panel only exists in Projects. The former can only be assigned to rectangular cells whereas the latter can be assigned to any shapes.

If you want the true Empty System Panel, transfer project standards from the OOTB Architectural project template.
Message 10 of 12
daniel.jl.9443
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN , how do you transfer project standards from the default OOTB Architectural template when there is no system empty panel in that template??

Message 11 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: daniel.jl.9443

Sure there is.
Message 12 of 12
Vuxvix
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi! @ToanDN 
Is it possible to create an "Empty Panel" with a feature like "Empty System Panel"!?

I want to create ALC wall by ALC Panel. At many Points I need to cross cut or open hole (for Pipe) the ALC Panel.
Or  another solution.
Thanks!

Vuxvix_0-1687480692527.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report