Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical sloped roof in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Maciej_Musialek
1040 Views, 1 Reply

Elliptical sloped roof in Revit

Hi, I'm using Revit 2014 Student version and have problem with creating elliptical roof. If I wanted it to be flat, it wouldn't be a problem. But I need it to be lower near the center of ellipse and higher at outer edge of this elliptical "ring". As you probably know, this "ring" doesn't have constant witdh, as it's elliptical. So I can't just define 30 degrees slope, because height at outer edge would be diffrent in every part. See attachments to understand me.
Maciej Musialek
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/d28f576e-0bbe-4912-a4bc-fe604e3276c9/public_url
If you find my post helpful, feel free to give a Kudo. If it solves the problem, feel free to click Accept Solution.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Does the Student version have the "Shape Editing" tools? Click your flat roof, then on the ribbon look to see if the shape editing panel appears. If so, try putting a single point at the center of the ellipse. Then on the same panel, click the Modify Sub Elements tool and give this point a height; probably a negative number if I understand what you described. I think that should do the trick.
paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report