Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
jz4all
Message 1 of 7 (4,189 Views)
Accepted Solution

ELEVATIONS tab, Elevation Marks are missing?

4189 Views, 6 Replies
01-06-2013 09:50 AM

Hi ,
I am beginner in using Revit.
I noticed that I don't have (ELEVATIONS) tab and also (elevation icon). See the picture. Also (Elevation Marks) in the window view are not exist.
How can I regain all these?
thanks

Jaf

Probably, the installation did not finish properly, and you don't have templates?

But I don't understand why using View > Elevation gives "no positive result" to create new elevations.

The lack of templates can be fixed by finding the files and putting them in the correct folders.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 7 (4,180 Views)

Re: ELEVATIONS tab, Elevation Marks are missing?

01-06-2013 10:48 AM in reply to: jz4all
  • The Level tool is not available because the current view is a floor plan. The level tool is available only from elevations or sections views.
  • Elevation views do not exist in the project browser because no elevation has been created yet and/or because this project was started without a basic template that includes some default views. If you create at least one elevation, the "Elevations" folder of the Project Browser will be created. To create a new elevation use View > Elevations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
jz4all
Message 3 of 7 (4,152 Views)

01-07-2013 04:35 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.
I tried your idea(view ---> Elevation) but no positive result. But in a sample drawing , (Elevations tab) is exist.
I tried to use a template, but what I found, that I don't have any template and library. See the attach picture (as example).
Is that to do with mistakes in installation process? or there are othere reasons?
thanks

Jaf

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 7 (4,143 Views)

01-07-2013 06:18 AM in reply to: jz4all

Probably, the installation did not finish properly, and you don't have templates?

But I don't understand why using View > Elevation gives "no positive result" to create new elevations.

The lack of templates can be fixed by finding the files and putting them in the correct folders.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
jz4all
Message 5 of 7 (4,124 Views)

01-07-2013 01:38 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for your responses. I solved it. It was mistakes in the installation.

kikiw
Message 6 of 7 (3,800 Views)

05-20-2013 10:33 PM in reply to: jz4all

hi,

good day, im having the same exact problem that you have, and canyou help me out with this? how did to solve it?

Thanks.

Karl

mata85
Message 7 of 7 (3,637 Views)

06-28-2013 05:13 AM in reply to: jz4all

Hey, I had the same problem and I still didn't find the RIGHT answer, but you can solve it like I did by chance, go to Open => File examples (or sth like this sorry I have french version) and from the list you chose for example 'Arch Link Model'.

This file has already everything in place including elevation marks etc., it may be a better way to start with. Maybe it's possible to write it down as a template.

Good luck,

M.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.