Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELEVATIONS tab, Elevation Marks are missing?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jz4all
20832 Views, 7 Replies

ELEVATIONS tab, Elevation Marks are missing?

Hi ,
I am beginner in using Revit.
I noticed that I don't have (ELEVATIONS) tab and also (elevation icon). See the picture. Also (Elevation Marks) in the window view are not exist.
How can I regain all these?
thanks

Jaf

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jz4all

• The Level tool is not available because the current view is a floor plan. The level tool is available only from elevations or sections views.
  • Elevation views do not exist in the project browser because no elevation has been created yet and/or because this project was started without a basic template that includes some default views. If you create at least one elevation, the "Elevations" folder of the Project Browser will be created. To create a new elevation use View > Elevations.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
jz4all
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.
I tried your idea(view ---> Elevation) but no positive result. But in a sample drawing , (Elevations tab) is exist.
I tried to use a template, but what I found, that I don't have any template and library. See the attach picture (as example).
Is that to do with mistakes in installation process? or there are othere reasons?
thanks

Jaf

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

Probably, the installation did not finish properly, and you don't have templates?

But I don't understand why using View > Elevation gives "no positive result" to create new elevations.

The lack of templates can be fixed by finding the files and putting them in the correct folders.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
jz4all
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you for your responses. I solved it. It was mistakes in the installation.

Message 6 of 8
kikiw

hi,

good day, im having the same exact problem that you have, and canyou help me out with this? how did to solve it?

Thanks.

Karl

Message 7 of 8
mata85

Hey, I had the same problem and I still didn't find the RIGHT answer, but you can solve it like I did by chance, go to Open => File examples (or sth like this sorry I have french version) and from the list you chose for example 'Arch Link Model'.

This file has already everything in place including elevation marks etc., it may be a better way to start with. Maybe it's possible to write it down as a template.

Good luck,

M.

Message 8 of 8
shahzadspsian

please help i have no templets in ravit 2011 but the problem is how to include templates in ravit 2011 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report