Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation Markers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PhillipM
1610 Views, 3 Replies

Elevation Markers

HI.

I want to show elevation markers on my floor plan as well as a foundation plan, but if I move an elevation marker on the floor plan it also moves it on the foundation plan. Is there a way of independantly moving the elevation markers?

Cheers

Phillip
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: PhillipM

I think you are asking if you can move the same elevation marker in one view - floor plan and foundation plan. The answer would be NO!. Think about Revit's ability to coordinate views, therefore moving an elevation marker in one viewwould certainly require its movement in any other plan view. Remember, moving or changing any model or annotation component or object in any view is to move or change that component or object in everyview.

The only way is to create a new elevation and view to represent the foundation plan so you can move the elevation/view marker independent of the floor plan.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past
Message 3 of 4
atbergma

This is not entirely true. You could hide the "real" elevation marker in one of the views (EH) and then make a new elevation using the "reference other view" option and select the "real" elevation as the referred to view. It will display "sim", but that is a view type parameter and can be changed to be empty if you prefer. If you do this, it is useful duplicate the view type ("elevation - no sim" or the like) to indicate to others that referencing (not "real" ) view markers will not display "sim" as is the default behavior.

With respect to Mr. Persin's comment about Revit's ability to coordinate views, this method should be used with caution, as it is counter to the built-in coordination.

Also, be careful you don't have the view (the triangle) selected when you are moving the tag (square or circle), as this will move the elevation's cut plane.
Message 4 of 4
PhillipM

HI Aaron

That is exactly what we were wanting to do. 🙂 You have made my day. It was probably real obvious but i'm just learning. BTW i'm loving Revit.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report