Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation has gone

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chunky2k
2505 Views, 6 Replies

Elevation has gone

good morning

am doing a work in autocad revit, and suddenly my Elevation (Buidling elevation) is gone, not available in the list

please check the attachement

i went to (1) and i found no corner was selected , so i chose the top one as in the picture

suddenly  (2) has appeared, i chose the same for the other 3 (East, West,North) and it came as

elevation in point (2)

but when i click on any of them, i dont see my already levels i created (level 1, level 2 , level ceiling ... ETC)

BUT when i create "section" to view the building, i can still see my levels

is there any way to generate my old elevation again ??

best regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

you mean you don"t see the elevation of your building even if they appear in the Project browser?

If so,try   the Extents >Far Clipping..:

• Select in plan view the black arrow from the point of the elvation mark - a blue line throucg the mark , paralel with the elevation will appear
  • In Properties >Extents >Far Clipping  set it to No Clip or Clip with Line ( if Clip with Line , then a second line will appear , showing that the clip happens before your object...strech it so to include the object inside...)

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

what i mean :

when you open an Archi template for a work

you must see in a discipline

Elevation (building Elevation)

•      East
  •      north 
  •      south
  •      west

there are not in the project i finished

i created elevations manually , but when i click for example on East

i cant see the levels i created !!

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: chunky2k

Try using the correct symbol: building elevation. You are using interior elevations. If you click around the elevation symbol, all you are creating are views around that particular point, not elevations of the whole building. No wonder you don't see levels in some of those views, because there is no building to show at least in 3 of those 4 orientations around the interior elevation symbol.

Question: just curious: why did you say at the beginning of your first post that you were using "AutoCAD Revit" ?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7

I made the steps as you said :

• on a floor Plane I uncheck the East View pointer...a message appear that the View East will be deleted ,
  • I accept it ...the East view from Project Browser >Elevations (Building Elevation) disappear..
  • now checking again on the pointer a new view will appear called by default: Elevation 3 a
  • Right click on the name from Project Browser and change back into East (rename)
  • In floor plan click on the black pointer again...a hidden lines rectangle appears with two oposite small arrows on the left side....strech the arrows so to include the building inside the rectangle...

This is exactly what I said in my first post , but more detailed..

.If it does not work ,maybe your problem is elswhere.....

Image 247.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Sir

you are my hero

thanks a million, works like a charm 

the view is small but it doesnt matter

thanks a million again 🙂

Message 7 of 7
chunky2k
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

@Alfredo_Medina wrote:

Try using the correct symbol: building elevation. You are using interior elevations. If you click around the elevation symbol, all you are creating are views around that particular point, not elevations of the whole building. No wonder you don't see levels in some of those views, because there is no building to show at least in 3 of those 4 orientations around the interior elevation symbol.

Question: just curious: why did you say at the beginning of your first post that you were using "AutoCAD Revit" ?

well, by mistake, for got to say REVIT MEP, and the word autocad stuck in my mind

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report