Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical in Revit architecture

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JacobEnerson
566 Views, 6 Replies

Electrical in Revit architecture

So im trying to put switches on my second floor but for some reason it wont let me.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JacobEnerson
in reply to: JacobEnerson

any ideas

Message 3 of 7
KevinCassel

no, but you can try a website called www.revitcity.com and join a chat. there is usually actuall architects whithin the chat that can personaly guide you to your question.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: KevinCassel

I agree with that GraveDigger fella.

Message 5 of 7
lcoomber

What is happening when you try to place the switches?  Can you place them and they don't show up or can you not place them?  Are they hosted or non hosted?  I assume that you were successful placing them on the first floor. Is that correct?

Message 6 of 7
KevinCassel

they are showing on the first floor. we are both in the same class.

Message 7 of 7
trentbest

try these:

1)visibility graphics overrides, verify that electrical fixtures are checked.

2)under view properties, change discipline of view to electrical or coordination.

My guess is that the wall is "hiding" your recepticles, create an elevation, and verify that they are coming in at the proper height.  Then verify that your plan view is cutting correctly, if your receptacles are above your cut plane, then you need to make the top of the cut to be higher than the fixture height, and this should bring your objects into view.

If you are able to see them in one view, then make a view template of that view, and apply it to the other plans.

GL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report