Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
deeRbee
Message 1 of 5 (1,053 Views)

Editing Department names in the Colour Fill Legend

1053 Views, 4 Replies
11-24-2008 08:13 AM
I'm sure this is easy to answer for some, but how can I edit the department names, once rooms have been assigned to them?
Cheers
Dave
Distinguished Contributor
melarch
Message 2 of 5 (1,053 Views)

Re: Editing Department names in the Colour Fill Legend

11-26-2008 04:18 AM in reply to: deeRbee
you can select each room open its Element Properties Instance Parameters) dialog window and change the value for Department under the Identity Data group area.

Or you can create a a room schedule with Department as one of the fields and edit the Department parameter in the schedule, which is often a better way to make changes to Identity Data values.

Mel Persin, AIA
Active Contributor
deeRbee
Message 3 of 5 (1,053 Views)

11-26-2008 05:23 AM in reply to: deeRbee
Thanks for the reply. It's certainly quicker to change the department names in the schedule. However, as I have so many rooms in departments, am I required to change the department of each one manually, rather than edit the department name and it updates across the board. Also, when I isolate all the unenclosed rooms in the schedule, can I delete these on bulks, or again each one manually.

I feel like i'm being impatient, but I would just be good to know to save a bit of time.

Thanks again.

DB
kilborn
Message 4 of 5 (853 Views)

02-28-2012 11:06 AM in reply to: deeRbee

in a Schedule - sort by department (any field you want to change)  then deselect itemize every instance and you can then change things globally.

kts.VuHung
Message 5 of 5 (600 Views)

06-05-2013 09:43 PM in reply to: kilborn
Thank for your hint, but my case that is I put a lot of rooms in correct department, but my English not well so it wrong spell and I want to fix that instead of create a new department and put all rooms to new department just for new name.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.