Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Department names in the Colour Fill Legend

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
deeRbee
11094 Views, 9 Replies

Editing Department names in the Colour Fill Legend

I'm sure this is easy to answer for some, but how can I edit the department names, once rooms have been assigned to them?
Cheers
Dave
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
melarch
in reply to: deeRbee

you can select each room open its Element Properties Instance Parameters) dialog window and change the value for Department under the Identity Data group area.

Or you can create a a room schedule with Department as one of the fields and edit the Department parameter in the schedule, which is often a better way to make changes to Identity Data values.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 3 of 10
deeRbee

Thanks for the reply. It's certainly quicker to change the department names in the schedule. However, as I have so many rooms in departments, am I required to change the department of each one manually, rather than edit the department name and it updates across the board. Also, when I isolate all the unenclosed rooms in the schedule, can I delete these on bulks, or again each one manually.

I feel like i'm being impatient, but I would just be good to know to save a bit of time.

Thanks again.

DB
Message 4 of 10
kilborn

in a Schedule - sort by department (any field you want to change)  then deselect itemize every instance and you can then change things globally.

Message 5 of 10
kts.VuHung
in reply to: kilborn

Thank for your hint, but my case that is I put a lot of rooms in correct department, but my English not well so it wrong spell and I want to fix that instead of create a new department and put all rooms to new department just for new name.
Message 6 of 10
dcarney1126
in reply to: kts.VuHung

The correct and easy way to change or edit the text of a value in a "color scheme" is the edit the name within the schedules (for each floor plan) rather than trying to edit the color scheme.

Message 7 of 10
bimscape

I would recommend looking up how to use "Schedule Keys". These allow you to quickly assign groups of parameter values to an object, according to a designated "Style". So if for example you are designing a School, you can create a Schedule Key for the classrooms- which automatically populates the finishes, occupance, department parameters, etc.

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 8 of 10
andrew
in reply to: melarch

Why is this such a drag?

Message 9 of 10
Ness2000

Has anyone worked out the actual way to RENAME the department rather than just make a new one?

Message 10 of 10
Corsten.Au

Hello

1. Create Room Schedule

2. keep department, and view name 

3. Sort by department ( uncheck Itemize every instance in sorting/grouping tab )

4. Pick department name and rename it here directly .

cheers

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report