Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Room Tag?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bigislander72
4689 Views, 3 Replies

Edit Room Tag?

Want to make the room number appear to the side of the room name, boxed and in smaller font size. Seems to work when I edit the family, but when applied, the box which used to contain the room number is still where it used to be; only the position of the room number itself moves.

Anyone know how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: bigislander72

On this issue, I wanted to first verify the room box has been enabled under V/G > Annotation Categories > Show Annotation Categories in this View:
Additionally, the existing labels and lines are associated to a visibility parameter in the tag type.  This is set up similar to the video solution below:

On this issue, I wanted to first verify the room box has been enabled under V/G > Annotation Categories > Show Annotation Categories in this View.  This should reveal the original box lines:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/YTBjODk1NTg

Additionally, the existing labels \ lines are associated to a visibility parameter in the tag family types.  This is set up similar to the video solution below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14040472

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, That worked.

So how about getting that box to end up like one space to the right(or pre-determined distance) from the end of my room name field. Right now, If the room name is short, the room number is way over to the right. If the room name is longer, the box appears closer. How can I keep this distance fixed, in other words the same distance to the right from the last character of my room name, regardless of how long or short?

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: bigislander72

Make the room name label right-justified and make the room number label left-justified.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report