Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit floor material patterns?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
craig
7433 Views, 2 Replies

Edit floor material patterns?

The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it.

That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality.

Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: craig

I can think of three... 1) Make your floor definition only include the subfloor. Then apply another floor by picking walls in the appropriate rooms and make it only a finish layer. You will have to give the finish floor an offset equalt to it's thickness, so that it is above the structure floor. 2) Duplicate your floor type and just change the finish layer and give it a new name. 3) Make your floor with a generic finish layer and then instead of one floor throughout the wall footprint, make each floor separate and use the paint bucket to paint on a finish pattern. In that order. #1 is the best option, as it most accurately mimics the actual building process and will give the best details. "Craig Cernek" wrote in message news:23009850.1078004348944.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it. > > That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality. > > Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: craig

I take it you have not tried the split face and paint bucket tools? They will do what you want. Z. Craig Cernek wrote: > The only way I know of indicating different flooring materials on the same floor is to create in-place families for those flooring materials and apply a finish material to it. > > That being said, I have not found a way to move or align the material patterns in those in-place families. Of course this is not presentation quality. > > Has anybody found a practical way of indicating multiple floor finishes that allow them to manipulate the pattern layout?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report