Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG on a Drafting View

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tonkata
477 Views, 2 Replies

DWG on a Drafting View

I have a DWG Site Survey already inserted in my project, but need to place it on a Drafting View sheet to further add annotation. Any idea how this is done?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MKEllis
in reply to: tonkata

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do with it - but can you not use a 'normal' view ? You don't copy the site plan into a dedicated view, rather you create a separate view of the same linked CAD site drawing.

You could copy a plan view of the site, and use that to add your annotations and notes ? Use the view settings in that view to toggle the display of content that you do or do not want to be visible (press VG when in the view to bring up the options, or, with the display active go to the Properties section and access the Visibility / Graphics Overide from there).

Any lines, annotations, regions, annotations, dims etc. that you place in that view will only be in that view, which should accomplish what I think you are trying to achieve.

You can also do the opposite. If you've brought your site plan into the Revit project - and say it's the existing site plan to which you want to add notes, but then obviously don't want that to appear in other new construction views. You simply have to set the view graphics options on those other views to not display the linked file.

Revit offers another degree of manipulation with the linked CAD file as well - not only can you switch the display of linked files on/off - but you can also toggle the display of individual layers in that file (Again through the Visibility / Graphics overide).

Message 3 of 3
tonkata
in reply to: tonkata

Some interesting solutions. I thought about your last point, problem is the line work I need to hide or change is part of a layer that has many other annotations attached.

Anyway I think there's a few good solutions you've given me, so I'll give that a go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report