Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG object paramets and view parameters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jacques
311 Views, 4 Replies

DWG object paramets and view parameters

Dear All:

I am starting a project which on paper would appear simple as the architect has produced a Revit model. However, his model is a networked model and no use to me as everything is in a workset to which I have no authorization. (before you recommend I ask for authorization, that is not an option, our internet connection is not good enough, so I downloaded the entire model).

I also downloaded the structural model (which is a stand-alone model). My plan is to model our components on the structural model coordinated through DWG sections of the architectural model. But, here is the kick... when I import any DWG in any view, I get the following message: "None of the created elements are visible in (insert view). You might want to check the active view, its parameters, and visibility settings".

When I checked the view parameters of the view, the DWG are in the view but I can't find anything that would lead me to believe that it is blocked, hidden or otherwise (on a side note, whoever created the structural model had the same idea as there are a "LOTS" of dwgs on those views). What should I be looking for to get those DWGs to become viewable?

Also, the 3D views only gives me the option of displaying the model in realist with edges. All the other options are grey. Again, I checked the display graphic options but can not find an obvious reason for it.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: jacques

It sounds like view templates have been set and are controlling those visibility options. When a view template is controlling a parameter, that parameter will be unavailable (gray) to change within the view itself. You either have to change it within the applied view template, which will change the parameter for all view associated with that template, or just remove that view template from whatever view you want to have direct control over.

Message 3 of 5
jacques
in reply to: chrisplyler

Well, I deleted all the templates and it cured part of the problem. But the DWG are still not showing. But, I found a solution. Took the structural model, exported it to IFC and then open the IFC on Revit. I lost the gridlines but the model lost whatever parameter was blocking items. Not an elegant solution but for the sake of simplicity, effective.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
chrisplyler
in reply to: jacques

Just for future reference:

You may not want to just delete templates. Within the properties for every view there is a parameter under the Identity Data subcategory called View Template. This is where you can assign one of the templates to a view or select <None> if you don't want that view to be controlled by a template. You may select (highlight) multiple views within the project browser and change this parameter for all of them at the same time.

If I've misunderstood and you already know all of that, please forgive me.

Message 5 of 5
jacques
in reply to: chrisplyler

Well, I don't know much about templates in Revit. Frankly, for what I am doing, it is not something I had to look into. But when I checked individual views, <none>  was already selected. And even after deleting all the templates, it still behaved as though some parameter was still applicable. As the problem has gone away, I will chuck that to "random behavior" until I have more time to look into it.

Thanks for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report