Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG export, Layer modifier parameters

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
post.larsson
1100 Views, 0 Replies

DWG export, Layer modifier parameters

Hey there!

I've started the work to define my offices export setup standards, and I am running in to some problems. I've been all over internet and I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for, I'm starting to think that I am looking for the wrong one 😃

Our office is mainly using autocad still, but is starting to convert to revit. Since more than half of our small office is running acad we need to syncronize our exportsettings to make the workflow a little more consistent.

I have grasped the idea of how to rename layers via the Modify DWF/DXF Export setup dialogue. I understand that you can "manualy" apply layer names to categories/subcategories and "automatically" generate aditional naming via layer modifiers. The problem is I just can't seem to grasp how to change the information generated with layer modifiers. Here's an example to try to better visualize my question:

with our A-cad standards we name the layer for interior doors "A-43CC--E-" and our exterior doors and windows "A-42D---E-"

In the Setup we have the layers for doors set to "A-" with the Layer modifiers set to "{Doors}{Function}" this makes changing the function of the door family between interior/exterior generate the correct names. this is perfect, but however isn't the case for all categories.

My question is: where do i find/change the information that the interior/exterior parameter "publish" to the layer names?

What if I would like to change my exterior doors to have the layer "A-43D---E-"? there must be somewere to swap the "42D" to something else?

Any help here would be greatly appriciatied

/Stefan

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report