Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Export coordinate false

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Redli1
2134 Views, 3 Replies

DWG Export coordinate false

My project and survey point are 0,0,0. When I export to Autocad the axis are not at 0,0,0 (see enlosed file)

Please help, I do not see what I am doing wrong

Reto

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maciejwypych
in reply to: Redli1

Hi,

Revit has basically 3 different "origin" points - Apart from survey and project base point, there is a hidden origin (let's call it file origin) that you can only locate by linking a cad file by origin with a geometry placed on 0,0,0 (circle, line or whatever easily identifiable)

Two issues with your file.

1. You have moved your project base point and survey point away from the file origin

2. Your export setup is set to Project internal, which is basically the file origin. 

If you want to keep the file as is, just change the cad export settings to shared coorinates and the cad file will have the orgin placed correctly (there will be an additional UCS) - there is a great explanation of all the issues with shared coordinates at Steve's Staffords blog http://revitoped.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/shared-coordinate-post-summary.html)

Also, you can identify the file orgin with the method listed above and move your project and survey points there.

Message 3 of 4
Redli1
in reply to: maciejwypych

Thank you very much for your exellent explanation
Message 4 of 4
AKAJames
in reply to: maciejwypych

Thanks for your explanation above.  We have exactly this problem.

If we change the cad export settings to shared coorinates as you suggest this solves the co-ordinates problem, but it means our exported dwgs revert to true north rather than project north.

Is there a way around this?

Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report