Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating Sheets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lwagene
2050 Views, 5 Replies

Duplicating Sheets

I am working on a VERY large project in which the owner needs different sets to be issued at different phases for permitting and client financial issues. However, I need to keep all the phasing projects within one file so that the owner has a complete revit model once all the phases have been complete.

It is a huge waste of time to have to duplicate generic sheets (life safety, partition types, general details, door details, etc.) by copying all the views and adding to a new sheet. I need to keep the phase 1 sheet intact for revision purposes so I can not just change the title and include the existing sheet in a new phase. Additionally the schedules on some phases overlap and there is a need to have multiple sheets with primarily the same views and sheet information with small differences. PLEASE PLEASE make duplicating sheets with all the views, legends, and schedules possible.

Is there any work around or add-in for duplicating sheets with views, ledgends, and schedules????

Thank you,

Lindsey

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chris.j.mckeown
in reply to: lwagene

Which version of Revit are you using?

Within Revit 2012 it isn't possible to duplicate views, however in 2013 it is.

I have built an API tool that will in

1. 2012: duplicate the sheet(s) and if requested create new views and place then on the sheet (not applicable to drafting views and schedules)
  2. 2013: duplicate the sheet(s) and views

Let me know if you are interested to trial it.

Chris

Message 3 of 6
lwagene
in reply to: chris.j.mckeown

When you say there is a possibility to duplicate sheets in 2013 do you mean blank sheets? I haven't found a way to duplicate sheets including their views, schedules, and legends. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks Lindsey
Message 4 of 6
chris.j.mckeown

Hi sorry for the delay, using api in 2013 it is possible to duplicated a sheet and then duplicate the views and then place the duplicated views on the duplicated sheet. I have built such a tool and works well. Regards Chris

Message 5 of 6
lwagene
in reply to: chris.j.mckeown

I would definitly be interested in a trial run of your program.  Can you send me more inforamtion?

Message 6 of 6
chris.j.mckeown

If you flick me your email, I can send you copy...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report