Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Section Callout

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
BradleyOlsen4775
10488 Views, 10 Replies

Duplicate Section Callout

I am working on a foundation plan that I would like to place the same section callout at different location long the foundation walls. 

Is there a way to duplicate the same section callout? 

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

In the oiptions bar you should see reference other view - in the pull-down you should see the other views and you can select the one you want. The callout should be marked with a SIM when it is referencing another view.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 11

BLESS YOU!!  The options bar....so important, yet does not get all the looks.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11

You are welcome! Anytime i train anyone on Revit - I tell them as soon as you start a command tat is the first place to look.

LD

BTW - don't forget to accept as soultion if this helped you!

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 11
joekozelka
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hello

thank you for the advice on Referencing other views, however When I select the  Callout the Reference other view appears but is greyed out. I have tried to access it throught the sheet the callout is placed on, the sheet that the callout is made and the callout itself with always the same result, greyed out. What have I missed?

Thanks

Joe

Message 6 of 11
chrisplyler
in reply to: joekozelka

The option is only available when creating/placing a mark. Make your first section in the usual way. Then make the additional sections, chicking the Reference Other View option prior to placing them.

Message 7 of 11
nduguay
in reply to: BradleyOlsen4775

I would like to call out the same detail in two different viewports, Revit doesn't seam to want to allow me to do that, the view I want to refer with the new callout is not present in the list bellow "Reference Other View". Is there a reason? Is there a solution?
Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
joekozelka
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hello Chris 

Before placing the call out. Select Callout then at the top select "reference other views" this will create a copy of your callout which can be used multiple times, the callout should be labeled with the sim acronym. 

Joe 

Message 9 of 11
nduguay
in reply to: joekozelka

Thank you, but as I ask in my question, this doesn't work when trying from another viewport, the view is not listed in the dropdown menu. For example, let's say I want to refer two different parts with the same detail, one appears in a plan view, the other in a section, I can make a callout of the part in the plan viewport, but when comes the time to use "Reference Other View" in the section viewport, I cannot point to the existing view of this part.
See screen capture; "CALLOUT EXAMPLE" has been created on the plan viewport on the left and when I try to create a callout that refer it, it is not listed in the dropdown menu (even scrolling, please don't answer "try scrolling down")
I hope I am more clear
Thank you!

nduguay_0-1652127608832.png

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: nduguay

So you want a plan callout to reference a section detail?  Reference other view doesn't work that way, it can only refer to a view of the same view orientation or a drafting view.

If you want a list of EVERY view to choose from, use View Reference to place the callout bubble.

Message 11 of 11
Khan_MFJWAM
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report