Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw circle by diameter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6699 Views, 5 Replies

Draw circle by diameter

How can I draw a circle by entering a diameter measurement instead of the default radius?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

That option is not available within the default drawing tools.Only radius.

It is possible to make a family that creates a circle with a diameter option, though.

In Revit MEP, the option for diameter is available for creating pipes, ducts, and conduits.

...now that I remember, there is an alternative for simple circles, but it needs to be used AFTER having created a circle: Create the circle by radius, then create a diameter dimension. Then select the circle, and edit the diameter dimension. (Available since Revit 2013)

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the reply.  That's what I've been doing.

Message 4 of 6
mkotsamanes

I know it has been solved but another way is to simply type "=(diameter)/2" when creating the circle

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

That's cool but that formula would give me a radius which default.  Is there a formula that represents the radius *2 for the diameter?

Message 6 of 6
mkotsamanes

If I understand your point correctly. No there is no way (that I know of) to set the default to diameter, this method will save you the extra step of creating a dimension of the circle and changing it.

When creating the circle click the centerpoint then type " =x/2 " (where x is the diameter you want)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report