Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting View - How how to save for future use

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
octavio2
1128 Views, 2 Replies

Drafting View - How how to save for future use

When I save a newly created 2D detail drawn on a Drafting View in a separate folder, I also save the entire project for which it was originally intended.

How could I save that sheet only with the 2D detail so I could paste (or "import"?) that single detail into future projects without including the rest of the project where it was created?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: octavio2

hi, go to project browser>pick the file>right click>save to new file.hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: octavio2

I created a new project that hosts all my drafting views that we typically use.  When I need one I use Insert from File.. --> Insert View from File to bring that drafting view into the current project.

2014-10-17_075010.png

I use this process in reverse to save newly created drafting views that we don't have in a library.  You can create a different project for each category needed.  Ex: Stair, Door Frame and so on.

Hope this helps you out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report