Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting Pattern

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DavidFinaut
2957 Views, 6 Replies

Drafting Pattern

Hello,

I downloaded a Batt insulation pattern but when i want to load it into my wall structure, it is not visible in my floor plan or in 3D.
When i want do load it, i can'!I get a message that Revit doesn't find a drafting pattern but it is!!!
Can someone help me out or know where to find a Batt insulation - drafting pattern?

Thanks,

David
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
melarch
in reply to: DavidFinaut

Did you check the original scale factor of the AutoCAD hatch pattern? Often these patterns are based on inch units instead of feet and need to be scaled up 12 times for them to be seen. If the scale factor for a hatch pattern is two small then Revit will not display it, just like AutoCAD the pattern will be two dense to display, DUH!.

You cannot edit the scale factor for a custom hatch pattern after you have created it, instead you have to recreate the custom hatch pattern and set its scale to a number less than or greater than 1.00 depending on its original scale factor in AutoCAD.

Mel Persin, aia
Mel Persin, aia
Message 3 of 7
DavidFinaut

Thank you but it was a hatch that i downloaded from RevitCity!
So my problem is with a Revitfile.
Message 4 of 7
melarch

I also downloaded the Batt Insulation hatch pattern from Revit City and found that it was a defined as a Model Pattern not a Drafting Pattern (see Batt Insulation BOLD/Underlined text below).

*Batt Insulation, Batt insulation ;%TYPE=MODEL 161.57,1,1,7.59,2.53,-56.92,6.32 18.43,-1,1,-7.59,2.53,-56.92,6.32 108.43,1,1,-20.24,2.53,18.97,-44.27 71.57,-1,1,20.24,2.53,18.97,-44.27

You need to open the PAT file and change the word MODEL to DRAFTING, although it is not case sensitive so it can be upper lower or a combination of both.

Mel Persin, aia - adjunct instructor BIM-Revit Technology

Oakton Community College - Skokie, IL USA

Mel Persin, aia
Message 5 of 7
melarch

I stand corrected on my last statement in the response I posted.  The defined type of pattern (MODEL or DRAFTING) must be capitalized.

My apologies!

Mel Persin, aia - Adjunct Instructor BIM-Revit Technologies

Mel Persin, aia
Message 6 of 7
melarch

David,

It is more complicated than you think.  The Batt Insulation hatch pattern on the RevitCity website is an AutoCAD PAT file and about 12X to large (it is in feet as suggested by anothers post).  Also, this pattern as a drafting pattern is only usable in a horizontal wall (see file Batt Insul Hatch Pattern.pdf attached).

Why aren't y9ou using the Insulation tool on the Annotate tab to fill in your walls, instead of using a Filled Region.  Drafting patterns are not scalable or can they be rotated as a Model pattern.

I think you are taking the wrong approach trying to use a hatch pattern, model or drafting, to fill in your walls in plan, section or callouts.

Mel Persin, aia - Adjunct Instdructor BIM - Revit Technologies

Mel Persin, aia
Message 7 of 7
jsnock
in reply to: melarch

Actually I think what he is trying to do is add a batt hatch pattern to his wall type to automagically hatch insulated walls with the batt pattern.  It's a great idea however I dont believe there is a way to align or scale a pattern depending on wall orientation, since batt is a pattern that needs to be aligned with the wall to display correctly I dont think it will have the desired result, even if you did find a good batt pattern to use.  I've been wanting to do the same thing and the only solution I could come up with was to use a different hatch pattern such as cross hatch (which isn't idea as it looks like masonry) or a grey hatch pattern.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report