Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting pattern to follow component's rotation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ToanDN
554 Views, 3 Replies

Drafting pattern to follow component's rotation?

Please see the attached ceiling diffuser family.  I would like the pattern to follow the rotation of the component when inserted onto the project.  I can achieve it with model pattern but I would like to use drafting pattern because we need to show them on different scales.

The diffuser family consists of a detail family in order to show the pattern.  The pattern is already set to align with object and it still does not work.

Thanks,

-Toan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: ToanDN

In your diffuser you use a detailed item family.

In that family you used a filled region. That filled region has a drafiting pattern.

You might get the right result when you use a filled region with a model pattern.

These patterns normally rotate with the object.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for answering. But as I already said, I need drafting pattern in order to show them on different scales. It is strange that drafting patterns when used directly in project, e.g. wall tapes (coarse scale fill), can follow the wall rotation. But when it comes with an outside family, it does not work.
Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: ToanDN

Sorry overlooked that part.

Maybe you could use symbolic or model lines in combination with an array and some parameter to accomplish what you need?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report