Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting Fill on a Framing Plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
217 Views, 4 Replies

Drafting Fill on a Framing Plan

Hello -

I have tried everything to get a screen fill to lay on top of a framing plan so I can indicate field framed areas. I cannot get any fills to show on the framing plan. I have tried every visibility setting that seemed to have promise. I have attached an image to illustrate my question. I would like to get a screened fill in the red triangle area. I want the linework to show through and to place a note for field framing in this area.

TIA - Tay
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using "Filled Region" under "Drafting". It will only be
visible in the View you place it in, i.e. "Framing Plan".

It's fairly easy to do. Just select "Filled Region"; sketch the area you
want filled, select the "Region Property" to set your fill (edit/new) to
change. OK out and Finish Sketch.

The only problem I've found is a "Solid Fill" does not display
"Transparent"; even if set as transparent; but all the other drafting
patterns will show transparent if set to transparent. Try using "dense
sand" in black or some other pattern.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hello -

Thanks for the reply! That is exactly what I did. In the RCP plan view the fill shows fine, except for the transarency issue, but it will not show when I draft it on the roof plan or the framing plan. I do relize that these fills are drafting not model so they only show in the view they are drawn in. I will use your dense fill idea to compensate for the transapency issue.

Any other thoughts are appreciated. I am sure that it is a visibility issue. Maybe someone has a thought along these lines.

Cheers - TIA - Tay
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Okay. I tried opening the demo plan "i_rvt8_Cape_House.rvt" and placed the fill region on the roof plan without a problem.

Sounds like you're correct on the visibility issue. Make sure "detail items" is checked as visible under "view properties; visibility; edit; model catagories, for your roof plan and framing plan views.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

EUREKA!!!

Thanks - I sure thought I had the "details" checked to be visible, but I didn't. I also found the transparancy worked great with the solid fill.

Cheers - Tay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report