Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Downloading a BIM Curtain wall model from Kawneer website

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gselvidge
1869 Views, 2 Replies

Downloading a BIM Curtain wall model from Kawneer website

I'm new to Revit and this is my first attempt to download a model from a manufacturer's website. Each time I download and open the Kawneer curtain wall, Revit opens it as a new project file and not as a family. I'm sure I'm not doing the download process correctly. I tried saving the file with the family file extension and it would not allow it. Is there a tutorial for downloading products from manufactures websites? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: gselvidge

Curtain walls are system families.  They can't exist outside of a project environment.  They can't be loaded as an RFA file, or stored in a content library.  Curtain walls families must be transferred from one project to another using transfer project standards, or using cut and paste from one project to another.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 3
gselvidge
in reply to: gselvidge

Thanks so much! GREG SELVIDGE Project Manager _________________________________ LUNZ PREBOR FOWLER ARCHITECTS Celebrating 25 Years of Providing Innovative Design Solutions 2011 AIA Tampa Bay "Firm of the Year" 58 LAKE MORTON DRIVE LAKELAND, FL 33801-5344 PHONE 863.682.1882 FAX 863.687.6346 gselvidge@lunz.com www.lunz.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report