Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double door w/ 45 degree swing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MShelp19
942 Views, 2 Replies

double door w/ 45 degree swing

hello all,

I am working on switching my office over from cad to revit and the boss is very particular about everything looking the same in as it did before.

I am in the process of creating a double french door family that needs to be dynamic and have 45 degree door swing indications. the problem i am having is that when I change the size of the door, the door itself moves away from the frame and i cant find a way to lock it to that point. does anyone know how I can Fix This?

Pictures

1.  how the door is set up in plan

2.  the result I'm looking for from Cad

3.  what the door is doing when i change the size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: MShelp19

What you'll want to do is create a separate family that is only the door swing, and nest that within your door family.  Google Steve Stafford's blog for the family he posted there, which works well.  The issue with trying to tie rotational or angular parameters to geometry is that you have to use reference lines instead of reference planes.  With reference lines, you can align and lock the endpoints to the intersection of two reference planes, and then create an angular parameter between the reference line and a reference plane (or another reference line).  Then the geometry gets hosted to the reference line.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
MShelp19
in reply to: rosskirby

Perfect! Thankyou. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report