Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doors disappear in camera view when MEP file linked

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DParkGForce
456 Views, 5 Replies

Doors disappear in camera view when MEP file linked

I have an MEP file linked into my Arch model. In one perspective camera view the doors disappear. The opening is there but the doors will not show up no matter what I do. I have turned on all objects in the both the view and the linked view display settings and nothing. I have tried everything to get them to display. They do not even show up when reveal hidden elements is selected. They show up fine in other views. We do have the arch model linked into the MEP then the MEP linked back into the arch but the links are not displayed.

We have been having some strange problems with this file. It was created from an old 2010 template file we used to use and everything after the start of this project used a new template. Are there any known issues with upgrading an old template file. This file has been upgraded through 10, 11 and 12. We have tried transfering settings from more recent files to fix some of the weirdnes but nothing seems to help.

Windows 7
RAC2012
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: DParkGForce

A couple of potential problems which could casue this:

Have the Walls been Copy/Monitored by the MEP engineer? 

Are there any Phasing Settings or Design Options in the models?

Worksets turned off?

View Templates applied which may turn off doors?

"Custom" settings in VG for Linked models?

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
ryan.duell

One more item to check; verify the Workset the Doors are on, in the MEP project [open the MEP project directly]:

Collaborate > Worksets > Visible in all views > Checked.

Image Example

Otherwise when you link in the project, the elements on that workset may not be visible.

Good post elaborating on this issue:

http://do-u-revit.blogspot.com/2009/08/visibility-mystery.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 4 of 6
DParkGForce
in reply to: ccollins

The wall with the missing door in this view was copy monitored in MEP. There was no view template applied in this view.

We have never used any phase options and in all the vg settings the phase is set to view all.

I have tried turning everything on in vg and link settings and they simply will not show in this view.

I am going to try making a new camera view and see if it does the same but any help or advice would be appreciated.

In the elevation and other 3D views the doors show up fine. In another file set up the same way with the same camera view the doors show.

Thanks

Windows 7
RAC2012
Message 5 of 6
DParkGForce

There was a specific view template for this view. I switched it back to the default architectural elevation view and the doors showed up. I am trying to figure out what is turned off and I have tried turning everything on in all disciplines in the view template for this view and the doors still will not show. I have to use the default view and turn off the things I don't want.

Windows 7
RAC2012
Message 6 of 6
DParkGForce
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks, I used a different view template to get my doors to show but I will remember this if I run into it again.

Windows 7
RAC2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report