Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Tags

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Rebel1
19655 Views, 6 Replies

Door Tags

Being new to Revit I placed doors throughout my plan, but the door tags do not show.  How do I turn them on and off for doors window etc.?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jesser
in reply to: Rebel1

Did you tag the doors in addition to placing them?

If you did tag them then check visibility graphics and under the annotation tab check to see if door tags are unchecked.  If so check them on to be visible.

If you didn't tag them then you can easily use the Tag All tool located under the Annotate tab.  In your view of choice to see the tags, choose the door tag (under Tag all) and voila all your doors are tagged.  (assuming that door tags are on in visibility graphics)

Jesse Remick

"Sometimes the solution is so clear you see right through it."
Message 3 of 7
harold
in reply to: Rebel1

Hey, I've got a door located on a diagonal wall that needs to be tagged. See where I'm going with this? Anyone got any ideas how to get a diagonal door tag. Revit has only the two options horizontal and vertical. Like Help!

Message 4 of 7

select the door tag , click on Mode>Edit Family

in Family Editor >Properties>Rotate with Component>check it and load it into project again

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 7

Hey Thanx Boss, Rotating the tag kinda works. In the normal tag mode there are horizontal and vertical options. The Rotate with component check box works but not give options, i.e. dia 45 deg. or 135 deg. We'll work with it a bit more see what works. Thanx hgf

Message 6 of 7
phyllisKY5FM
in reply to: jesser

I have a question - I am currently learning Revit at work, and the book I am using says the door tags automatically place - I checked Doors in the "Tag All" in the annotate tab, but I am having to do that with each individual door I place. Any insight?

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: phyllisKY5FM

@phyllisKY5FM wrote:

I have a question - I am currently learning Revit at work, and the book I am using says the door tags automatically place - I checked Doors in the "Tag All" in the annotate tab, but I am having to do that with each individual door I place. Any insight?

Click the Tag on Placement on the ribbon when you placing door.

Image 18.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report