Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

marc_griffin
Message 1 of 5 (703 Views)

Door Tags - Add instance parameters? (I.E Hardware Group)

703 Views, 4 Replies
01-19-2012 04:42 PM

Is there a way to display the HW Group within the door tag?  I'm working on a new door tag for our office, and they have requested that HW Group #s be displayed, so the door installer knows which hardware group to install.

I find type parameters (width, Mark, Manufacturer, Etc) but no Instance parameters (HW Group, door materials, etc)

Would I need to make a shared parameter for this?

I can schedule HW Groups, so shouldn't I be able to tag them as well?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (700 Views)

Re: Door Tags - Add instance parameters? (I.E Hardware Group)

01-19-2012 05:23 PM in reply to: marc_griffin

Yes, you would need to create an instance shared parameter for the hardware groups, and add a label with that parameter in your door tags.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
marc_griffin
Message 3 of 5 (681 Views)

01-20-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: marc_griffin

Thanks for the response!  Does that mean I'll be using the existing HW#s from the doors, or am I creating a new parameter that is called "Hardware Group" but is separate from the exisintg #s

I.E. can I retroactively load these tags into projects and have hardware #s show up?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 5 (677 Views)

01-20-2012 09:26 AM in reply to: marc_griffin

Well, no, you have to start using this new shared parameter from now oh, entering the correspondent information for each door, either in the model, or in the schedule, but you will need to do it in every project. It will not populate itself in other projects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
marc_griffin
Message 5 of 5 (671 Views)

01-20-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks again.  It seems strange that this is not possible, as Door tags can display door marks, which are also instance parameters... and inherent to the default RVT doors.

I enjoy using Revit, and think it is a great alternative to CAD, but there's still so many things that could be implemented that just seem to make sense.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.