Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Tags - Add instance parameters? (I.E Hardware Group)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
marc_griffin
2788 Views, 7 Replies

Door Tags - Add instance parameters? (I.E Hardware Group)

Is there a way to display the HW Group within the door tag?  I'm working on a new door tag for our office, and they have requested that HW Group #s be displayed, so the door installer knows which hardware group to install.

I find type parameters (width, Mark, Manufacturer, Etc) but no Instance parameters (HW Group, door materials, etc)

Would I need to make a shared parameter for this?

I can schedule HW Groups, so shouldn't I be able to tag them as well?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Yes, you would need to create an instance shared parameter for the hardware groups, and add a label with that parameter in your door tags.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
marc_griffin
in reply to: marc_griffin

Thanks for the response!  Does that mean I'll be using the existing HW#s from the doors, or am I creating a new parameter that is called "Hardware Group" but is separate from the exisintg #s

I.E. can I retroactively load these tags into projects and have hardware #s show up?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8

Well, no, you have to start using this new shared parameter from now oh, entering the correspondent information for each door, either in the model, or in the schedule, but you will need to do it in every project. It will not populate itself in other projects.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8

Thanks again.  It seems strange that this is not possible, as Door tags can display door marks, which are also instance parameters... and inherent to the default RVT doors.

I enjoy using Revit, and think it is a great alternative to CAD, but there's still so many things that could be implemented that just seem to make sense.

Message 6 of 8
erinznire
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

This is forever old, but I'm hoping someone can pick it up...I've done the above suggestion of adding the instance shared parameter to the tag, but it's not picking it up in the project file, I just get the "?". What part am I missing to associate it to that piece of info in the door. I hope I used the right terms my lingo isn't exactly stellar.

Thank you for your time!

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: erinznire

The shared parameter must be added in both the tag and the door families. Adding it in project only works for scheduling, not tagging.
Message 8 of 8
erinznire
in reply to: ToanDN

Beauty, much appreciated!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report