Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door tag

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jpe
Explorer
1875 Views, 6 Replies

Door tag

Is there a way to make a door tag, so it will be placed on the exterior side of the door (without a leader), instead of the center of the door. It is possible with a window tag, but I can not get my door tag to do the same.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maciejwypych
in reply to: jpe

Edit tag family, move the label above the center line and select rotate with component.
Message 3 of 7
jpe
Explorer
in reply to: maciejwypych

I have tried that, but it only works on two sides of the building (north and west). On the other two sides (south and east) the tag is placed inside the building... I want it to be placed at the outside of the building no matter what side the door is on. 

Message 4 of 7
maciejwypych

Unfortunately, I can't see any other way but to manually move it into place.

Message 5 of 7
jpe
Explorer
in reply to: maciejwypych

A window tag can, and a door tag can't -  I think it is strange and pretty irritating... Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 7
maciejwypych

I know there should be a choice for door tags to behave like that, but on the other hand, how many doors you have outside your building.
Message 7 of 7
constantin.stroescu

There is not clean solution to change tag's parameters once the tag is applied to door ,  but  you can anytime redefine the tag in Annotate without to change anything in schedules or model...

I use to do it in two steps:

1. in Annotate > Tag All > Tag all not tagged - Door Tag - activate Leader > Leader Length - set the distance from the center of the door to the Tag - Apply and OK
  2. select all Door Tags with Filter or with RB - Select All Instances...and  from Option Bar > uncheck Leader

If you add new doors you can redefine again Door Tags or , because the distance of the Tag from Door center is remembered by the program , you can only uncheck again Leader....

Have a look to my screencast :

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/536426cd-1e24-47c3-aa8a-fb9497ef7dae

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report