Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Door Swing openings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
616 Views, 5 Replies

Door Swing openings

Greetings All,

I know I must be over lookig something very simple. How does one change the
percentage or angle of a door swing opening?

Craig
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

do a search. I posted the way several times. You do it with a parameter.

"cdv" wrote in message
news:5420922@discussion.autodesk.com...
Greetings All,

Craig
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Bobby.

Craig

"Bobby W Parker" wrote in message
news:5420935@discussion.autodesk.com...
do a search. I posted the way several times. You do it with a parameter.

"cdv" wrote in message
news:5420922@discussion.autodesk.com...
Greetings All,

Craig
Message 4 of 6
cnewton

Craig,

"Do it with a parameter"? You must be one of the Autodesk Help text editors. It irks me some to read a help response where the answer can only lead to another question and not a solution. If you have posted in the past, provide a link to that post or at least the title of the post so we can benefit from your largess.  Autodesk Help is full of instances where you search for a command or tool and the documentation tells you "It is on the ribbon", well if I knew where on the ribbon the tool was located, I wouldn't be looking for it in Help. I find these vague replies to be frustrating and pointless, if one wants to take the time to reply to a post, one should offer actual advice or at least  some direction less vague than "do a search".

After doing "a search" I found this and a few other posts that basically tell me I have to create a new family of doors for existing that shows the swing angle at 45 degrees or 50%. "Doing it" with a parameter also means customizing the OOTB elements for what should be one of the most basic display options in all of drafting.  50% open doors have been drawn to show existing doors as far back as I can recall and are referenced as the standard almost universally, so why would they not be that way OOTB?

Well I am off to learn how to do it with parameters. I really like Revit and I recognize that it is a complex program, but seriously some of this stuff should not be this hard.

Clint

Clint Newton III
Project Manager

Spillman Farmer Architects
Message 5 of 6
r_yeates

Yes disapointing answer.  A link would be nice.  I am looking for a response to the same questing and I've ended up finding your very unhelpful response.  If you want to help then do so.  Your reply did not help me or anyone else who has this issue!

Message 6 of 6
LisaDrago

I used to have a write up on this - but what i found is a revit file with the 2d info in it that you can bring into your family file. Give it a try.

LD 

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report