Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door swing - Have I got something wrong???

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4109 Views, 5 Replies

Door swing - Have I got something wrong???

I am not sure if I am missing something. It looks like I have to go through a learning tutorial to be able to make a door show a swing of something other than 90 deg. It seems strange to me that doors are not adjustable from 0 deg to 180 deg at least by just typing in the angle???

I would like the two doors on the right in the attachment below to line up with the wall alongside them, simple task looks hard with Revit???

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

I have included a link to the Revit Families Guide below:
Revit Families Guide
Starting on Page XX there is a step by step process to create a door with a variable swing.  
By default, in Revit door families, a swing angle parameter is not present.
Thank you,

I have included a link to the Revit Families Guide below:

Revit Families Guide

Starting on page 139 there is a step by step process to create a door with a variable swing.  By default, in Revit door families, a swing angle parameter is not present but you can add one with this process.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thx Ryan

Your link did not get me to the training files but I got them eventually, loaded them on my machine & followed the exercise. I must say for an Autodesk tutorial it was supriseingly easy to follow, maybe Revit training files are easier than Autocad or ACA. Anyhow well done, now I need to know how to create an Australian style cavity sliding door unit, or in US terms I think you call it a pocket door. A pocket door in ACA works fine for Aust style.

Cheers Dermot

Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

I would also check Autodesk Seek.  I did a quick search and there appears to be a few pocket door examples if needed.  I have included an example link below:
Thank you,

I would also check Autodesk Seek.  I did a quick search and there appears to be a few pocket door examples if needed.  I have included an example link below:

http://seek.autodesk.com/search/pocket+door?source=SearchBox&globaldd=globaldropdown.option.b

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thx again Ryan

I have downloaded these doors but I think I will have to go into them & try to redo them as metric & also probably get rid of the glass or maybe save these ones & make some more with my new found skills at family editing.

Oh yes one more thing! I went through the exercise from Adsk, now my door has a door panel in both the open position & in the closed position? Is that easy to change??

Cheers Dermot.

Message 6 of 6

does this work the same for existing doors because i'm having a hard time making this happen without it saying that it wont work. It has it's problems when i get to 90, i'll try to go back down to 45 and it will give me these error messages below.....

Error message
Elements

Constraints are not satisfied Reference Planes : Reference Plane : id 7148 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 7870 
Dimensions : Angular Dimension Style : Parameter : id 8010

Constraints defined by highlighted Lines and Dimensions can't be satisfied. Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 3147 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 3148 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 3149 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 3150 
Dimensions : Linear Dimension Style : Parameter : id 5229 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 7869 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 7870 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 7871 
Lines : Symbolic Lines : id 7872 
Dimensions : Angular Dimension Style : Parameter : id 8010 
Dimensions : Linear Dimension Style : Linear : id 8016 
Dimensions : Linear Dimension Style : Linear : id 8023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report