Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule Question?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Nick_Erasmus
773 Views, 4 Replies

Door Schedule Question?

Hi There

I have a client that wants their door schedule to be set up a certain way. Now I have already set up everything and everything is working great, Except for when I have an exterior door in a room the room name does not populate the schedule because the swing is to the outside of the building. Can anyone explain how I can get over this hurdle?

Yes. Since there is no room outside, the "to:room" stays blank. Do you have Revit 2014? If yes, I assume that you can put the room calculation point inside the building so that this parameter display the name of the corridor or vestibule. That would be the ideal solution. However, If you don't have 2014, one workaround I've seen is this: make a dummy room (not tagged) outside of the building, to be the "room" value for all the exterior doors.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

Way, way too much work, and SO Un-Revit to add a Room where there really isn't one.

And the Room Calculation Point is per Family - not and Instance parameter, so you'd have to use different families for Interior and Exterior.

The correct answer is: Just switch which Room is To: and which Room is From: via the schedule.

Click in the "To Room: Name" column in the Schedule and pick the other Room.

When you click in the To Room: Name or To Room: Number cell in a Door Schedule, Revit will show you both the To: and the From: rooms.  Just pick the other one, and you'll get what you need.

Message 4 of 5

Yup, but if you include both columns in the schedule, one of the two columns will be blank for the exterior doors; either "from:room" or "to:room", and I understand that this is the reason for the question.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
Nick_Erasmus
in reply to: Nick_Erasmus

Thank you for all the input.

2014 is the answer, I do not like the work around things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report