Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule and Element Properties missing fields/parameters

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
RBartsch
3832 Views, 6 Replies

Door Schedule and Element Properties missing fields/parameters

Hi all,

Still fairly new to Revit, so learning on the fly and trying to create a Door Schedule.

My problem is that there are missing parameters/fields in the Schedule Properties.  I have already used the "Add Parameter" button, but when I view the Element Properties of a door in a floor plan, I can't see any of the fields available other than the Sill Height and Door Hardware.  My "Other" tab in the Element Properties is lacking in editable fields.  Severly lacking.

Any help would be appreciated.  Is there a package I need to download?  A family I need to import?  Something easy I'm missing?

Cheers

Robin

-- Robin B.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: RBartsch

@RBartsch wrote:

Any help would be appreciated.  Is there a package I need to download?  A family I need to import?  Something easy I'm missing?

Maybe training.  It seems that you are confused about how to use parameters and schedules.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
RBartsch
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Ha!  Thanks for the reply, but I think I might have mis-stated the issue.

When I am going through my floor plans in order to make sure that this door is wood, and that door is metal, it's my understanding that I can use the floor plan to check which door material, frame material, etc. I have specified for it in the schedule.  However, those fields do not appear in the "Other" drop down tab in the Element Properties.

I imagine there is a view property that I need to check off that I'm missing.

-- Robin B.
Message 4 of 7

That guy is just trying to get you to use his online training.  I saw him give a wrong answer in another post so I'd be wary of the training. 

As for your problem.  The issue you have is that the parameters in your doors were most likely added by whoever created the family.  If so the parameters are not recognized by the project they are used in for the purposes of scheduling.

You are going to have to do a little reading to get an understanding for yourself about what the deal with parameters is but I will point you in the right direction.

What you are going to want to look into (through the help menu mostly or google it) is shared parameters and the parameter converter.

The long and the short of it is that just because 2 parameters used in a project and family have the same name does not mean they are recognized by revit as the same parameter.  What you want to do is create a shared parameters file in the family and import that into the project or use the parameter converter to convert the door families parameter to one that is recognized in the project.

The parameter converter is part of the extensions and is available if you are on subscription, so hopefully you're on subscription.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the long uphill road of learning Revit.

Message 5 of 7

Well looks like you posted again while I was typing my first response so that probably won't solve your problem.  Sounds like you might just need to check the "type properties" for the doors.  Sometimes materials are created as a "type" parameter and sometimes as an "instance" parameter, the ones you don't see in element properties are probably just type properties.

Lawrence

Message 6 of 7

Ah ha.  Thank you.  That was a much more useful reply. 

I'll check if the parameter converter works.

And "uphill road" is the most diplomatic way of describing this I've heard, especially around our office.

Cheers

-- Robin B.
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your help.

It's all sorted now.

Cheers

-- Robin B.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report