Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Fire Rating Parameter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
6214 Views, 7 Replies

Door Fire Rating Parameter

How can I modify the Fire Rating parameter of a door to be an Instance Parameter instead of a Type parameter, or how do I Remove the parameter altogether from the door family?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe you can do either. That parameter is "hard-coded" into the Door Family (written into the Program Code). What the Rest of us do is to create our own instanced Shared Parameter (usually in the Project, not in each family) that can then be edited and scheduled.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks - I had that same idea to make a project (or shared) parameter to allow this, but it just didn't seem like the proper thing to do - more of just a workaround. But that's what I'll go with. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 8
kmatis

I'm in the same boat in trying to create parameters that follow our office standard for door schedules. How do you guys deal with seeing the "hard coded" parameters next to your own parameters? How do the users know which ones to fill in? I'm having the same problem with frame finish and material. I can't find it anywhere in the family but it shows up in the project as a parameter.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

The system parameters like that, that are not used, get some sort of value, 0, or ---, or "DO NOT USE", (some sort of value, based upon the parameter type) that alerts everyone that this parameter is not to be used.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Rather then move the mountain, why not go around. We just creat different family types for fire and stc rated doors in our office. The only draw back is that you have to create "duplicate" Type Marks for the same door but it seems to work ok.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Create a Project Parameter called Fire Rating (Required), make it an Instance Parameter and apply to walls doors and window categories. The same thing for acoustics is also very usefull, means you dont end up with needless multiple 'Types' of families  

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I recently came across this method for changing the fire rating parameter in doors from type to instance. Here's how:

1) In the door family, add a value to the fire rating type parameter

2) Change the category of the door family from door to generic model

3) Edit the fire rating parameter, change it to 'instance'

4) Change the category of the family back to door

5) Reload into project

When you schedule doors and include a field for fire rating, the column will include both instance and type parameters from various doors. 

I can't vouch for whehter this has long term effects, but it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report