Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcrowe22
330 Views, 4 Replies

Door Family

Hey guys, I am creating a door family and need some help with the materials and parameters.

My first question is can I have different panel sizes in the same family.. 2 panel door, 3 panel door and so on. Is that possible? Or would you need separate families? Also would they be able to flex with the different size doors that I already have in the family?

Another question I have is about materials, can I create a 3 panel door that can be changed to have glass or wood? I tried searching but it seems the "panel" answers that pop up when I search refers to something else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KyleDavisCTC
in reply to: mcrowe22

Hi,

Yes, it is possible but it is not simple.

You'll have to setup arrays and paramers for the array.

I would highly recommand looking at the following SuperDoor made by CAD Technology Center.

http://www.cadtechnologycenter.com/products/revit-content-packages/superdoor-for-revit-architecture....

They created this door to be able to change out the panel and frame type.

If comes with a ton panels and frames. It also comes with an add-in inside Revit to configure the door how you want.

Message 3 of 5
mcrowe22
in reply to: KyleDavisCTC

Thank you so much for your reply! I'll look into that, thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 5
mcrowe22

That software looks pretty amazing but I'd really love to learn how to do it as well as not have to pay for a program to do it. If anyone else knows how to do this and wouldn't mind sharing I would really appreciate it!

Thanks again,

M

Message 5 of 5
damo3

Might be your search terms. For door panel materials search linking nested parameters. This video is an example of the type of information you want.

Linking Nested Family Parameters: http://youtu.be/8PQnvzMNwRA

We don't try and get multiple panel counts in our families, even though its possible. We find uses prefer to search for single, double etc from our library. This also makes customising far far easy for users as they deal with fewer parameters when making changes to our standard doors.

Look at visibility parameters, if statement formulas and nested parameters to give some of the info you would need to build that type of family.

Hope it helps.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report