Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door cutting out a wall wrap element at opening

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ChuckEdwards
2225 Views, 3 Replies

Door cutting out a wall wrap element at opening

Is the attached possible? I'm trying to cut out the plaster wrap to a wall, but can't figure out how to do it.

I've had a look at using reference planes in the door family object, but they don't seem to be able to do this?

Simply checking the wall type to wrap at only the external insert isn't going to work as I want the recess in the plaster to be away from the door frame edge.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Image 242.png

the steps:

1. Create a New Family using Door Template
  2. Erase the Opening and change it with an Extruded Void (see Image 243)
  3. Define the Reference Plane that borders the door frame in exterior as Wall Closure ( so as the exterior wrap  to stop to it instead to stop to the center of the wall) -see Image 244

Attached you can find a rfa file with these....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4

Constantin, just trying this, using an existing pocket sliding door type I've found on Revit City, I've created a Void>Extrusion, yet for some reason it doesn't cut the wall? Could you suggest where I'm going wrong with this?

I can see the void object alright but there is simply no cutting happening, unlike with the existing extruded void in this door family object.

The properties of my small void (orange) and the existing also see different?

Message 4 of 4
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Found it, hadn't gone to the Modify>Cut Geometry tool, and extra step I wasn't aware I needed.

Do that and it cuts fine...

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report