Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door and Window Elevations for Schedules

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
19203 Views, 13 Replies

Door and Window Elevations for Schedules

On my Door and Window Schedules sheet I need to put the elevations of the doors and windows on the sheet. What is the best way to accomplish that?

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a Legend View and drag your doors/windows into it. Then place that
legend view onto the sheet.

wrote in message news:5609081@discussion.autodesk.com...
On my Door and Window Schedules sheet I need to put the elevations of the
doors and windows on the sheet. What is the best way to accomplish that?

Thanks
Message 3 of 14
Dylan_Lysaght

Hi.

Could you elaborate slightly on "drag your windows and doors onto it" please.

drag them from where? 

Message 4 of 14
bimscape

Once you have created a new Legend View

Go to Annotate Menu- Legend Component and then choose what you want to add from the Options Bar drop-down

See screenshot

Kind regards,
Ian

Author of The Complete Beginners' Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (free online course)
Message 5 of 14
tomek
in reply to: Dylan_Lysaght

You drag them from the family browser. Navigate to the right family in the family browser and find the types that you want to document. Then just drag those right from the family browser into your legend.

Upon placement they will display in plan view but if you look at the options bar there is a menu there where you can change it to elevation view.

This also works for most other families, just drag and drop into your legend view. You will be able to dimension and annotate these items but you won't be able to tag them, that's a current limitation of the software.

cheers,

-tomek

Message 6 of 14
mikegbabcock
in reply to: tomek

What "options bar" are you talking about? I literally have no options to make an elevation from my legend plan. 

These forums need to either be more thoughtful, or post screenshots of every step. 

About 75% of these forum responses are completely useless. 

Message 7 of 14
mikegbabcock
in reply to: mikegbabcock

So I found the options bar. What you failed to mention is that the elements have to be selected for the options bar to show up. 

This might seem obvious to some- but a help forum is by definition a place for people who don't know how to do something. And often that person is a beginner. 

Message 8 of 14

People are trying to help you and you call their contributions useless? what kind of entitlement do you think you have?

Message 9 of 14
TimELZ49
in reply to: mikegbabcock

Everybody that responds on these forums do so to help others.  We are not paid to do so. It is a users forum and users spend their own time trying to help others.  What are your contributions to the forum till now?

Someone gave advice on the query that you had.  It was relevant to your question.  So you missed a step.  In order to become competent with the software, you also need to explore for yourself - most people here improved by trial and error.

Elaborate on how you came to a figure of 75% of posts being useless.  Many users have had there queries solved here, for free.

Please show some gratitude.

Message 10 of 14
TimELZ49
in reply to: TimELZ49

OK, didn't see that this is an old post.

Message 11 of 14
FUHRCON

Is there any way of adjusting parameters to suit what has been adjusted in the model? (i.e.) window trim visibilty.

Message 12 of 14
TR3V0RjT

@tomek :

I may be missing something... You mention that you "will be able to dimension and annotate" but not tag items.  If I try to dimension, nothing seems clickable or highlight in a way that can be selected to be able to dimension.  Is there something I'm not aware of to make this possible?

Message 13 of 14
TR3V0RjT
in reply to: FUHRCON

@FUHRCON :

I think the only adjustments to do that would be the detail level: From View, Coarse, Medium, or Fine.  That's all I see to control that.

Message 14 of 14

"entitlement"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report