Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door and Sidelight - Commercial Application

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5347 Views, 4 Replies

Door and Sidelight - Commercial Application

Hi All - I am new to Revit and a long-time Autocad Architecture user.  I was wondering how to create (or if one exists) a door with a sidelight.  The door is a hollow-metal door and frame with a glass panel sidelight that will be hosted in a wall.

Not too sure if this is a curtainwall family or something else...

Much thanks in advance for the help...

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Orsolya.Balazs
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Dave,

you have a couple of options to create metal doors with sidelights.

The easiest way is to modify one of the existing doors in the standard library to get the appropriate result. You could take eg the door "IntAys (2).rfa" and change its material and  dimension settings at the door's type properties. Please see a short video about it: http://screencast.com/t/8vkI49IKTre

If you need a more specific door you may modify one of the existing doors in the level of the family or you can create a new one based on a door template. You can edit families in the family editor environment.
About this topic please find a detailed documentation in the Revit wiki help or in the family guide: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13376394

Curtain wall panels could be a good solution as well; we have a couple of curtain wall panel types in the basic library that you could use at building up the system. Attached please find a screenshot about the available this library.

Kind regards,

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Orsolya.Balazs

Thanks fot the information - I figured out how to create the assembly - a 3'-0" door with a 12" sidelight.  However, the assembly is to have a steel door with a vision panel.  I tried creating a new Curtain Wall Door Family, but I am lost...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Why don't you post what you have managed to do so far. Its hard to know where you need help, or how how adept you are at this program...

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks - I managed to 'reverse engineer' the O.O.T.B. curtainwall door family and change it to a 1-3/4" hollow metal door.  I ended up creating a 5'-0" wide curtain wall within my exterior wall, adding a mullion to make a 3'-0" bay for the door and having the remaining 2'-0" be the sidelight.  I did;t realize I needed to be in a 3D view in order to manipulate the assembly.

I am not all that adept with Revit, but am getting there with trial and error...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report