Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Not Print Color Schemed Plans as PDF

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
limezestpizzawithextracheese
7947 Views, 4 Replies

Does Not Print Color Schemed Plans as PDF

I really got sick of these issues, everytime writing here for some help. Guys am i the only one who encounters this much of problems ? I can't create a pdf export of my colored plans ????

It's just a color scheme applied on a floor plan according to the names of the rooms, and the pdf export just avoids filling colors or does not print anything at all. Since i can upload only three images i will give you one output (the one who does not fill the colors) and one before-print properties views. 

I hope someone can give a logical explanation to this. 

Deniz
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Deniz,

Revit is a big piece of software. So runnning into obstacles sometimes is normal.

Printing seems one of the biggest issues with most software. It is a stroy of a lifetime. Made a nice document and then struggling to get it printed out.

I saw you had another post with antoher print problem (blank page). Ok lets start.

First of all this doe not have to be Revit problem. This can be a oriblem with Revit and/or it can be a problem with your PDF printer.

Your color problem.

1) In Revit you have setting in your print setup where you can choose to print colors, greyscale or black&white.

2) There might be a (override) setting in your PDF printer which makes it black and white.

3) It might be a conflict between Revit and your PDF printer.

Your blank page. Also here it might be different issues.

1) In Revit you can set the page size and zoom value. Does thjis match with your settings in the PDF printer? 

2) Setting a scaling value. Due to a large scaling it might be that line start deisaaapearing

3) If you have large drawing and print it out on a small page it might be that all the contents falls off the paper and seems blank

4) It might be a conflict between Revit and your PDF printer.

So check:

-If your Revit settings are correct.

-If your PDF printer settings are correct

-If your settings between Revit and your PDF printer match

-Try another PDF printer (we often use PDF creator, is open source)

If that still does not solve your problems, see if you can print it on a physical printer, see if by using different computer solves the problem.

Repair/Reinstall Revit.

Good luck

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5

I did everything except installing pdfcreator and reinstalling/repairing revit. For now i can't install or repair programs because of IT restrictions. I will request assistance from them whenever it's done i will come back and give feedback. 😉
Deniz
Message 4 of 5

Dude, thanks a lot, i don't know what to say. It works like a charm. PDFCreator is awesome, and GUI is perfect. I will use it from now on. As soon as i installed it, i opened revit and send to the pdfcreator to create a pdf file of the same colored plan. PDFCreator just worked flawlessly. 

So it's proved that Nitro PDF have problems, i do not recommend anyone to use Nitro with Revit.

Greets, 

Have a nice day... 

Deniz
Message 5 of 5

Same problem, i was able to click on printer properties and change it to color there. it is pretty annoying to have to change both under the printer properties as well as just under the print settings but I was successful 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report