Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

docking problem

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
konetarchitecture
23512 Views, 49 Replies

docking problem

I just opened two separate projects in Revit Architecture 2014 and the Properties window and the Project Browser Window will not dock. When I double click on the top tab of each one, it will expand in width to the full width of my screen. What happened? I recently upgraded from 2013 to 2014. Is this a 2014 glitch??? Please help.

49 REPLIES 49
Message 41 of 50
high.t
in reply to: KENHELMS4809

Ken,

You misunderstood what Lisa meant.  What she meant is you have to carefully see the vertical ghost line before you let it go.  The horizontal ghost line shows up first and is dominant.  Takes a little practice and yes patient to get the hand of it.  Works great now, I can snap it easy and quick.  Just move the window pallet from the left side slowly into the main window and you'll see the vertical ghost line, then snap it in.  Easy!  Thanks Lisa!

Message 42 of 50
VAAI
in reply to: psimon

Yeah took me a while to realise the dock does not attach to the left of the screen. 

Message 43 of 50
EmilioCG

Hi.

Your answer was really helpful.

Thank you!

Message 44 of 50
Anna_de
in reply to: romeroj1204

Thank you romeroj1204!!  This was driving me crazy!!

thanks

Anna

Message 45 of 50

Hey Alisder,

I have a similar setup, model space on one monitor and project browser/properties window on second monitor. For some or other reason when I start Revit the project browser and properties window will not respond to any input, it takes a few minutes before they become active. Once active all is fine.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Leon
Message 46 of 50
DD53
in reply to: konetarchitecture

The palettes will dock at the side rather than the top if the cursor is positioned on the side as you drag the window. See

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/...

Message 47 of 50
mkhairil_anuar

very difficult to dock properties and system browser windows....:(

Message 48 of 50

Thanks for the solution... Worked

Message 49 of 50
p.m
Participant
in reply to: arcitek

Good Morning: Any solution to this? This is an ongoing nightmare, which is compounded by all the other Revit issues. As usual, with Revit, all it takes is one dumb feature to shut-down progress and this is one of the dumbest. Why should we have to 'finagle' something as critical as the Properties and Project Browser?  Get-A-Grip, Autodesk.

Message 50 of 50
kcharles7373
in reply to: AlisderBrown

2021 still having this issue. Thanks for the tip after spending a long time trying to fix this I used your suggestion to turn the second monitor off and I was able to dock to the left.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report