Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display walls as '2d outline' in a 3D view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
1236 Views, 3 Replies

Display walls as '2d outline' in a 3D view

Is there any way, from within a 3D view to make the walls/doors show up as '2D lines' on the floor surface?  This is for more of a presentation view. I can find wall transparency, but not 'flattening' options.

In AutoCAD Architecture I would override the 'Representations by object' in the Display Manager.

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I am not sure I understood you well...but if you want a 2d layout placed as it is into a 3d View, there could be using a 2d imported dwg:

• in a Floor Plan View ( that you want to see as 2 d in a 3d View) > Application Menu (big R) > Export > CAD formats >DWG  (from Options > Export setup you can control how the 2 dwg will look). The .dwg file exported from a Plan View is a 2d.
  • in a Floor Plan View : Insert > Link CAD or Import CAD > insert the previously made CAD file (with Curent View Only option unchecked) - Once inserted, it can also be viewed in 3d views

For rendered images , you can Export Floor Plan as Raster Image and then use this as Decal aplied to a Face of a generic model component (or of a mass element)

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I've been able to kinda replicate that sort of look by turning on the section box and lowering the top of it to just a tiny bit above the level plane. But that's not going to show windows and other stuff. Better to export a floor plan to DWG and then link it back in to a 3D view with "this view only." Or into another Floor Plan view without that option checked.

Message 4 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thanks guys,

2 similar responses of "here is a workaround" usually means that it cannot be done natively in Revit.

Cheers,

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report