Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

samar20
Message 1 of 4 (609 Views)

display wall center line in walls

609 Views, 3 Replies
01-08-2013 06:30 AM

hi guys , am new here and i need some , so pleeeeeeeeez don't ignore !!! , am a graduate architect , and from were i am , we r used to have a center line for each separate wall not just for dimension or placing but even visible after plotting and in each view including section , whether it is a structural or partition wall or ... etc ,
     am new to revit and i fell in love with the software right away , so the end of it could some one please show me how to display wall center line in views , the only way i found out how to do it is either by drawing model lines or grid lines which will be so dreadful and time consuming if u have 1250 walls in the project .
     so if someone could hep me in doing it automatically perhaps to be a part of the wall proprieties
    i need some guidance here .
       thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (590 Views)

Re: display wall center line in walls

01-10-2013 07:11 PM in reply to: samar20

What is the purpose of showing a center line in plans and sections for all walls?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 3 of 4 (572 Views)

01-11-2013 05:56 AM in reply to: samar20

Hello and welcome to the discussion! We would never ignore anyone here! Please keep posting.

I have to agree with Alfredo - why do you want to show the center line of a wall? I cannot find any way of displaying this. It is not something I have seen used in my career.

Can you explain a bit more of post an image...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Vazzini
Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)

09-20-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: samar20

New here as well and I have been trying to figure this out all afternoon.  We use different centerline line styles to differentiate partition heights (to ceiling, to deck, 36" aff, etc.)

I have been trying to add a line pattern for the wall type centerline.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.