Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Nested Labels/Annotation

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Kannik
4888 Views, 21 Replies

Disappearing Nested Labels/Annotation

Hi all -- we have this issue that has affected us in Revit 2011 and 2012.  For many of our families we have a 3D object, a 2d representation of symbolic lines, and then some editable text/annotation:

- The text is a Generic Annotation annotation family, with a single label, set to display the parameter "Text Frame"

- This family is then inserted into the family of the specific object being created, with, under label's Type Properties, the "Text Frame" of the label being linked with a "Text" parameter in the object family.

This seems to work all fine and dandy, however, we're getting an interesting problem:  after working in the file for a while some percentage of the annotation on these families disappear in a view.  Sometimes it's just a few, sometimes half, sometimes all of them just go away (everything else, including the symbolic lines, are still there).  If you close the file and re-open, they will re-appear.  If you nudge them, they will re-appear.  Other views may still have them, at least for a time... then they too will dissapear. 

This happens both on screen and, dangerously, during printing.  You print a whole set, only to discover much of your annotation for objects is gone... (not to mention the cost and waste of trees when you re-print).

Any thoughts?  Is this a known problem (search only turned up one thread on this), or is there another way to do what I want (have editable annotation on a family) that avoids this issue and I stubmled onto the improper way of doing it? 

Attached is a sample of one of our families for your viewing pleasure.  (Frustratingly, as it does not happen consistently, nor immediately, it makes testing rather difficult... )

thanks for any help!

Kannik

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
revitnation
in reply to: kmalawski

have the answer. Do Not Nest Generic Annotation. Use category specific Annotation and call it quits. Some of these problems may always be around.

Message 22 of 22
mdengusiak
in reply to: revitnation

I am using revit 2015 Update 9 Build 20150704_0715(x64),

Just open my project and I can not see any text as well,

I edited space family Tag and also can not see anything but when I edit Lable can see that parameters are there . Also spaces have parameters and values?

Not sure what happend

M I C H A Ł . D E N G U S I A K CEng MCIBSE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report