Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable worksets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1333 Views, 2 Replies

Disable worksets

I have a situation where i need to take a revit project to a meeting/presentation on a laptop. This happens to be a fairly large project w/ worksets enabled. I need to be able to show the model in the meeting and have access to all views and to change visibility of various objects. So far we have tried copying the master file to the laptop, and also local copies,,,,,, But when we get offsite, all of the workset errors occur.... Is there a workaround for this, or can worksets be disabled completely? -- Allen Turner CAD Manager Michael Hining Architects Durham, N.C. 27701 p-919.682.2870 aturner@mhaworks.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

They can't be disabled completely (though I wish they could too!). I think your best bet is to use SAVEAS on the central file and use the Option to "Make Central File" on the local version to the laptop. You will then want to make all worksets, views, etc. editable in that version. Regards, glynnis patterson, Architect RAND IMAGINiT www.rand.com/imaginit
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thnx Glynnis ; ) "glynnis [IMAGINiT]" wrote in message news:4028f213$1_3@newsprd01... > They can't be disabled completely (though I wish they could too!). > > I think your best bet is to use SAVEAS on the central file and use the > Option to "Make Central File" on the local version to the laptop. You will > then want to make all worksets, views, etc. editable in that version. > > > Regards, > > glynnis patterson, Architect > RAND IMAGINiT > www.rand.com/imaginit > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report