Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
187 Views, 1 Reply

Dimensioning walls

Hi Guys,

I am a long time mechanical desktop/Inventor user. So, si in those packages, I want to sketch out walls to their approximate shapes and then go back and dimension them. This is excrutiatingly difficult in Revit, 2014 in my case. If I add an aligned dimension I cant edit it by simply clicking it, I get a dialog asking me if I want to overide te value. If I click and hold and drag the wall (or any object) a bit the dimension of course changes. Now I can type in a new value. This just seems WAY too clinky for such advanced software.

cheers,

harry

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

Dimension is conected to objects and in Revit you can not override dimensions like in AutoCAD....Clicking dimensions you can only add comentary, a prefix or a suffix but not override value.

So, if you want to change dimension select the object and make then changes in temporary dimensions , like in my rough recording:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/74cfba54-aca4-4221-9154-437b8f8b1670

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report